Sunday, June 17, 2018

We dated for half a Kit Kat

This week was the first full week we were here, so many of us had a set schedule and had to stick with it, but oh my goodness... nothing runs on time. It seems to drive me a little crazy, but I am learning to just accept it. Classes, worship, etc. start at whatever the time the leaders choose and go until whenever. This means that there are times that we are in class until 11 or so at night. After classes, we tend to watch movies and do bonding. This leads to a little bit of sleep deprivation for some, but I always seem to be well rested. It may have something to do with the fact that I don't have to get up as early as some of the other people in the house. I am definitely hopeful to see more sunrises on the shore, but so far that is not happening. 

Our House Pet(s):
We got pet hermit crabs. Don't worry, we waited to tell the leaders until after we bought them. When we went to the store, we intended to buy one hermit crab, but apparently they get lonely, so of course, we needed to buy two. They are still awaiting names, but so far John and Natalie are in the lead (yes, they are the name of two of our leaders, but I think they will grow to love them). And no, I will not be the one taking them with me when it is time to head home. I will entrust someone else with their care. There will eventually be pictures, but for now, they are sleeping and I really don't want to wake them. I'm afraid that I will somehow traumatize them, but I haven't dropped them, so I am doing better than one person in our house (it was an accident, they just panicked).

Favorite Moment(s):
It is a tie between two moments, both revolve around group bonding. One of the guys in the house, Stephen, tried to teach a couple of us how to surf. More power to him because I am not all that skilled at anything athletic. Surprisingly, he is willing to keep training me. More power to him. My goal is just being able to sit on the board by the end of summer. His goal seems to be for me to stand on the board and ride a wave. The next favorite moment is when we played duck duck goose as a house. Of course it is a house full of college kids, which makes it that much more exciting. 

Strange House Concern:
There seems to be an ongoing concern that one of us will get arrested for jay walking. I am definitely the biggest offender when it comes to jay walking. Realistically, you would only get a ticket for doing so. John reaffirmed us by reminding us that if we get arrested and we call him to bail us out, he will go, take a picture, laugh, and leave us there. 

Featured Places of the Week:
Bungalow Bowls- For the base, I got Ocean (blue majik, pineapple, banana, almond milk blend) and Pitaya (pitaya blended with banana, pineapple, and almond milk). For the fruit, I got Strawberry, Mango, and Pineapple. As the drizzle, I got almond butter. It tasted as good as it sounds. There is a picture of the beautiful creation below. 

Crew- Mind you, this is a place to get haircuts. I did not go here and get a haircut or do anything all too crazy (I might by the end of summer, you never know). I just really like the signs they have outside the store. 


Favorite Quotes of the Week:
"We dated for half a Kit Kat." -Seirra
"I made a colossal error." -John (when he accidentally called Essence, Seirra)
"Click it or ticket." -Mo (in response to Ande not strapping her sandals before she walked)

Who I have met with for a one-on-one so far:
-Seirra
-Christin
-Stephen
-Abby Grace

1 comment: