Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Bed. I need bed.

Captains Log: Week 3
This week was a bit tough. Sleep exhaustion has kicked in for many. There is not enough coffee in the house to get some of us through it. I don't drink coffee, so I am stuck running on a steady of dose of ice cream and chocolate. The couch and the hammocks have become more comfortable than the beds (or in my case, cot). People can be seen napping from time to time in the hammocks or on the couch. 

My days have blended together. Nothing runs on time. Clocks have been covered up, so no one stresses about whether or not classes run late. We have begun learning to tell time by sun dial. 

Work is in full swing (and not just housework and cooking). I started work at the Henna Shop and have managed to keep track of when I work. One day I was scheduled to work for one hour (and yes, I am serious). It's a great place and I have a fun time every time I work. 

Favorite Moment:
We had a couple birthday celebrations so far. Casey's was last week. John's was this week. What I have learned about our house is that we go all out for birthdays. The house was fully decorated. We bought a cake and a ton of gifts. We even bought a confetti cannon because John loves confetti and glitter. What can I say, he is an equal opportunity impossible-to-clean-up mess maker. 


Strange House Concern:
We have yet to set official names for the Hermit Crabs. John has started calling them Poop and Soup. I refuse to let them be called that. Names definitely need to be picked. Even though John and Natalie are in the lead, some people are afraid they may have an identity crisis. I think the bigger concern should be that they keep destroying their cage. 

Featured Places of the Week:
Bennie's Bakery- I found this place on accident. A woman and I were talking at church about thrift shopping, since a bunch of the ladies in the house would like to go somewhat soon. This woman told me about a great thrift store on Fifth and Asbury. I biked there later that day to discover that there is no thrift store there, so I biked around a couple of blocks hoping to discover what I went on my adventure for. Instead, I found an Italian Bakery at Fourth and Ocean. I was still content with my adventure because I got a cannoli out of it (and I am a sucker for sweets).

"The Nest" and "Hammock Forest"- We joined couches together and made a little nesting area where people relax together in, complete classwork in, and nap in. There's the family nest and the little baby nest next to it. I have taken many naps in the family nest. The hammock forest is this area we cut through to get to the Loft. All of us have our hammocks hanging up from the rafters. It's great. Mine sits the lowest because for some reason I think that I will fall out and somehow manage to injure myself (knowing my track record when it comes to weird injuries).

Favorite Quotes of the Week:
"It's as elegant as ballet." -A woman at church (in response to watching me sign)
"Bed. I need bed." -Me (When I was super tired and fell asleep in "the nest" with some of the people in the house. Of course, I was convinced by someone that there was no need to go to bed when I already managed to fall asleep on the couch. Seemed logical.)

Who I have met with for a one-on-one so far:
-Seirra
-Christin
-Stephen
-Abby Grace
-Lilly
-Casey
-Jamie
-Harrison
-Sarah
-Tessa

1 comment:

  1. Good thing your hammock is closest to the floor since you currently have your arm in a sling! After all, you injure yourself doing random gravity checks.

    ReplyDelete