Monday, June 11, 2018

They Smells Like Turtles

Random. I know, but for a moment it made you question whether or not you read that correctly, right? You thought, who would know what a turtle smells like? I'll get to that, but for now, I thought I would try and keep everyone updated on my Ocean City Beach Project (OCBP) trip. This is the first of (hopefully) many weekly updates. As some of you may know, I moved in to Ocean City Tabernacle's Youth Center on Wednesday with 23 other students. There are 5 guys (7 including the staff), which means they are completely outnumbered. They are surprisingly fine with being outnumbered. So far these are the main things I have done... Move-in! I got to meet my new family for the summer and we were blessed to have the Tabernacle provide dinner for us. After meeting everyone, we did small group bonding by going on a scavenger hunt, ending with worship on the beach. After the first night, we were able to relax and get ready for a new jam-packed night, that included making our covenant for the summer. Our house "motto" is 28:1. This demonstrates the 28 of us continually working together to become 1 family. We support each other in the good times and the bad times, we share in each other's joys and hardships. At Jubilee, we were all told a saying during one of the main sessions. It goes something like this "grief shared is half grief and joy shared is double joy". We want to be living this in our daily lives while we are here. So far, I am truly enjoying Ocean City and the intentional community we are creating. I am excited how God uses all of us in the weeks to come.

Favorite Moment:
We had our first #fam meeting. It went on for about five hours, but it was amazing. We all shared our biggest worry for the summer and we were all able to be super vulnerable. It allowed everyone to see where we were truly at.

Featured Places of the Week:
Hobby Horse- They sell amazing ice cream (not as good as Tanner's, but it will work for the summer)
Fractured Prune- They sell donuts in town and I ordered a Strawberry Shortcake donut. It was warm, fresh, and the glaze was fantastic (I am still a bigger fan of Yum Yum Donuts, but I have more donut shops to check out in the weeks to come)

Favorite Quotes of the Week:
"There is a difference between Christian Boys and Godly Men." -Unknown
"They smell like turtles."-AbbyGrace (in response to smelling my Salt and Vinegar chips)

No comments:

Post a Comment