Sunday, July 15, 2018

Shooketh.

What kind of personality do I have? Am I patient? Am I stubborn? Do I feel strongly one way or another?

Now, I know that is quite a bit of questions to ask, but this week was spent examining our Predictive Index (we had to take a quiz and then they analyzed what we said). Here's some of what mine says (I'll type up the complete thing later):
"Emma will most strongly express the following behaviors... Formal, reserved, introspective, and skeptical of new people; requires 'proof' to build trust in new people. Detail-oriented and precise. Operationally, as opposed to socially, focused. A relatively private individual; it takes her some extra time to connect to and trust new people. She's serious and reserved."


Now, this sounds a lot like me. Casey, who was next to me in class, told me that it sounded exactly like me. Reading this though, you would think I have high or low qualities (of dominance, extroversion, patience, and formality- these were the qualities measured). Actually, I don't. Everything was towards the middle of the spectrum, falling into the ranges that included: unassuming, unselfish, agreeable, peaceful, reserved, quiet, serious, sincere, introspective, relaxed, patient, stable, calm, methodical, accurate, careful, thorough, self-disciplined, dutiful. Here's the general chart:

Oddly enough, I am not super stubborn/ domineering. I actually fall on the opposite side of the spectrum, but I gently remind myself that some things are situationally based. Oh, and shocker, I am a subjective decision maker. I will make choices based on what I have presented to me and go from there. 


Favorite Moment:
The staff left on Friday afternoon for staff training, so since we still had the fire pit at the house, that night we set everything up and had a bonfire. We even went to the store and got ingredients for s'mores too. We definitely went past island quiet hours (yes, there are quiet hours for the entire island and it's 11 pm). Thankfully, we don't have neighbors. We did still try to be courteous though. It was a lot of fun. I ate way too many s'mores, but we all had the opportunity to sit and sing together without really being in a hurry to go and do anything.

Strange House Concern:
Will the house fall apart? The staff left on Friday and return next Friday. This means we have a week to ourselves without them (cue the fireworks and applause). This also means that we are in charge of everything that goes into this house running. That means grocery shopping, worship prep class, bible study prep class, getting the guest speaker acquainted, etc. We have to do it all. Will one of us get injured? Most likely. Will we fall apart? Probably not. We'll just have to wait and see. I think we can do this. 

Featured Places of the Week:
Roma's Pizza- I decided to do a me date and take myself out on an adventure. The problem with this is that I have FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I ended up meeting up with a group and going to Roma's Pizza. They have really good food. I got a gyro (which was absolutely amazing. It was better than the place I tried gyro at last time.). I also got to try Jamie's pizza (which was also delicious. Plenty of toppings and just the right amount of sauce.). I even tried some of Tessa's calzone (that's an inside out pizza. It was a great size for it's price and it was extra cheesy.). Overall, I would completely recommend. There is one on the boardwalk and there is one off the boardwalk. 

Seaport Village Golf- The same night I went on a me date (and didn't seem to spend any time alone), I went mini golfing with a group. Our goal was to find the one with the least amount of little kids. We ended up at Seaport Village Golf on the boardwalk. It was kinda crowded and our group wasn't great at mini golf (we weren't the worst either though), but we had a lot of fun. It took over two hours to get through all the holes, so the $7 per person was worth the money.

Favorite Quotes of the Week:
-"Randy's a great stepping stone." -Me (when I was trying to explain that I was going to try and have more one on one's with the guys and decided that I would start with Randy)
-"So what would I be good at?" -Stephen (in class when we were discussing our Predictive Index. All the letters were close to the middle.)
-"Shooketh." -Unknown (but it is becoming used more often throughout the house. I don't know how I feel about it.)
-"Is there someone playing guitar in the bathroom?" -Hope (while hearing my speaker playing in the shower. It's a JBL Flip 4 and the sound is incredibly clear.)

What I missed back home:
My brother got a job this week! I am so proud of him. He was really looking for a job and he ended up getting one at Petsmart. I'm just waiting for my parents to take advantage of my brother's employee discount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment