Monday, July 2, 2018

He is still my God.

Honestly, it was a rough week all around.

I started the week off by bruising the bone in my right arm trying to longboard. I ended up in a sling for a couple days and I am still working on building up the muscle strength. I have learned to ask for help though because I have learned that I can't do it all. It's good to ask for help, even when you want to do it on your own. Sadly, this was not the first injury of the summer. I injured my shoulder learning to surf. Many people seem to try to stop me from doing certain activities, but I am constantly getting injured. They are just going to have to learn to get used to it. The potential of getting injured is not going to stop me from doing anything fun.

This week was also a sleep deprived week. My arm hurts every once in a while and needs to be slightly elevated, but I twist and turn a lot in my sleep. I wake up often because it just irritates me. With not getting much sleep, I was getting easily irritated. It was irrational, but it also encouraged me to take more naps and think about self-care more often.  

Favorite Moment:
One of the students, Katie, works at Dockside Kitchen. There was a soft opening this week, so friends and family were able to eat for free. I got Eggs Benedict with lobster and bacon, Lobster roll, and old bay mac and cheese. It was delicious (and all free). 

Strange House Concern:
Are we actually seen? I know that sounds strange, given that we live in a house with 28 people. There is honestly no space to be away from anyone. If you want quiet, your best bet is to go outside. Really, there is no escape. We are physically seen, but what seems to be the bigger concern is if we are seen as we truly are. We focus so much on our physical health, but avoid our mental health. We are learning to ask not only about how we are doing, but how we are REALLY doing. The one word in the middle makes a huge difference. There is no way to lie, since people in our house tend to see right through the lies. 

Featured Places of the Week:
Yianni's- I went there for girl's night dinner. When we got there, they brought us fresh hummus and pita from right off the grill (so it was warm and super soft). It was delicious. On top of that, I still got an entree, so I chose gyro of course (since it was a Greek/American restaurant).
Frank Theatres- We went to the movies to watch Incredibles 2 as a group. It was a fantastic movie. I will make sure not to spoil the movie. The mini movie in the beginning was incredibly weird, but the movie was well worth it. I just hope we don't have to wait another 14 years to watch Incredibles 3. 


Favorite Quotes of the Week:
"My God can. My God will. Even if he doesn't, he is still my God." -Geraud
"For shame." -Me (I've learned that I say this quite a bit. I said it the other day when my boss' son did not want to help with inventory. Understandable though because he doesn't get paid to do it.)

Who I have interviewed so far:
-Seirra
-Christin
-Stephen
-Abby Grace
-Lilly
-Casey
-Jamie
-Harrison
-Sarah
-Tessa
-Katie
-Emily
-Noelle
-Molli
-Mikayla
-Lydia
-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment