Saturday, September 15, 2018

Transitioning into Transitions

It has been over 6 weeks since I transitioned from OCBP to home. It has been over 4 week since I transitioned out of home to college for Senior Year. In other words, within 2 weeks I did 2 transitions.

Transition from OCBP to Home:
At first, it wasn't that bad. I know I am going to see them again soon. I was determined not to cry though, even though I knew that it might be challenging. I cry quite a bit to be honest. The more people left, the more upset I felt to be without them. 

Transition from Home to School:
We are officially Jefferson (They changed my email even. Last year was just a trial run. I still had my PhilaU email. Now it's real though.). Coming in, I was so excited. I'm a senior. It's almost time for me to graduate. Instead, I found my week fueled with frustration. Move in was Saturday and classes started Monday. That left me 2 days to: prepare for classes, get the books I needed, make sure Human Resources (HR) had my student work study worked out, fill out NCAA paperwork, and get another physical. None of it went as planned though. The book I needed was in the library and HR were closed for the weekend. The NCAA paperwork took me hours to do and in order to train and compete in Rowing, my paperwork had to be done first. I even had to pay to have High School transcripts and SAT scores sent to the NCAA (which is amusing because I graduated High School 3 years ago). Senior year was not going as planned. Things have calmed down a bit now. I'm constantly busy, but I am learning to take a deep breath and enjoy my senior year. Before I know it, it will be time to graduate. I know, scary. 

What I miss:
-Sharing my room with all the girls. I have no roommates at school, so it is always quiet in my space, which I am not used to. 
-Walking around the house and always finding someone to do something with.
-Random pictures and random faces. We all managed to let our personalities shine through in pictures. I was always fond of the pictures with the weird expressions. 
-Sleeping in. Rowing is practicing midday for now, but as of Monday, practice will begin at 5:15 am. Yes, that is really early. I started transitioning into that wake up time. Whenever I try to sleep in, I can't seem to sleep past 7 am. We have a cool boathouse though and I will get to see a lot of sunrises, so I guess it's ok. 
-Being able to catch up every day. Now we have school, work, etc. Our lives are busier and catching up every day is difficult. We still keep in touch through texts, letters, phone calls, Snapchat, Groupme, and more. It's not the same as seeing everyone in person though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment